Chinese DiGRA Conference 2023 – Call for Papers
We are pleased to announce this year’s Chinese Digital Games and Research Association Conference (CDiGRA), hosted by the College of Art and Design at Nanjing Forestry University on the 25th of November 2023. This year’s Chinese DiGRA is a hybrid event. Accepted papers will be presented at the conference in Nanjing and online.
We invite submissions on any aspect of Chinese games, game industries, game design and gaming cultures. We are especially interested in papers discussing aspects of the Chinese game industry and practices of game production in China. We also welcome submissions from people located in the Chinese-speaking region who are researching any aspect of games and encourage papers from students, early career researchers and game industry workers. Please indicate if your preference is for pre-recorded videos and discussion online or for live panels and paper discussions held in person.
Keynote Speaker: TBA
• Submissions can be in English or Chinese.
• Abstracts must be a maximum 600 characters excluding references (Chinese) or 350 words excluding references (English) using the CDiGRA template found here.
•Please email an anonymised pdf version of your abstract no later than Monday October 2nd, 2023 to: email@example.com
• Please make sure to include ‘CDiGRA2023 Submission’ in the subject line of your message.
Abstracts will be selected by the conference organising comittee and CDiGRA board based on their academic rigour and relevance to the themes of the conference. Notifications of acceptance will be sent by October 17th. Accepted authors will have an opportunity to submit their extended abstracts for inclusion in the DiGRA Digital Library. For questions regarding paper submission and the topics of the conference, or questions on the conference, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• October 2nd: Deadline for submissions.
• October 17th: Decisions announced. Online presenters receive additional practical information on how to record and submit their presentations (we recommend PowerPoint with voiceover or the free and open software OBS [Open Broadcast Software]).
• October 18th: Conference registration opens.
• November 7th: To facilitate subtitling, we ask all online presenters to send us a video (or a PowerPoint presentation with voiceover) and transcript of their presentation in advance. We will translate and subtitle the video/PPT with voiceover. The recorded videos will be made available to the conference attendees shortly before and during the conference, followed by live Q&A sessions.
• November 25th: Conference.
About Chinese DiGRA:
Chinese DiGRA (中华电子游戏研究协会 / 中華 數位遊戲研究協會) is a regional chapter of DiGRA (Digital Games Research Association) focusing on game research relevant to Chinese speaking countries and the surrounding regions. Chinese DiGRA aims to enhance the quality, quantity, and international profile of games research in the Chinese-speaking context, by developing a network of game scholars and researchers working in the Chinese-speaking world and/or on aspects of Chinese games and gaming cultures, forging links between academic and professional researchers on games, supporting teaching and PhD development in the region, and disseminating and promoting Chinese game scholarship around the world. You can find more information on Chinese DiGRA, including papers from previous conferences, at our website.
Yigang Liu, Nanjing Forestry University, Nanjing.
Dr Hugh Davies, RMIT University, Melbourne.
Dr Gejun Huang, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University.