Chinese DiGRA (中华电子游戏研究协会 /中華 數位遊戲研究協會) is a network of academic and non-academic game researchers committed to developing Chinese game research and connecting it with the wider community. The organisation has five aims:
- To establish games as a legitimate form of scholarly research in the Chinese context
- To develop a network of game scholars and researchers working in the Chinese-speaking world and/or on aspects of Chinese games and gaming cultures
- To forge links between academic and professional researchers on games
- To support teaching and PhD development in the region
- To disseminate and promote Chinese game scholarship around the world
These aims will mainly be achieved through an annual conference as well as smaller seminars, invited talks, and workshops throughout the year.
Chinese DiGRA is open to researchers, practitioners and students, and we actively encourage participation from people working across the Chinese-speaking world, broadly defined. This includes, but is not limited to, mainland China (PRC), Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan. We also welcome people working outside of these regions who have an interest in aspects of Chinese gaming cultures, the Chinese game industry, and Chinese game design.
If you’re interested in ‘games’ and ‘China’ then Chinese DiGRA is for you!